Rugby has proven itself to be a commercially innovative sport in many ways. One example of this is the range of advertising opportunities which exist beyond traditional mediums of advertising boards and the front of the playing shirt. Almost every on field and match related element has been made in to a focal sponsorship property. This includes, but is not limited to :
- Player sponsorship - for on field uniform and equipment but is almost exclusively for performance related brands
- Short sponsorship - this is very visible in set pieces such as scrums
- Pitch branding - which is more focal than being one of many advertisers on perimeter hoardings
- Post protectors - which are an essential on field item for player's protection but also represent an excellent advertising medium
- Line pole protectors and flags - these get picked up on television and still images as players squeeze in for those vital tries in the corners
- Balls - whether in a player's hands or being teed up for a goal attempt, the ball is in almost constant view. It therefore represents a valuable branding medium
- Miscellaneous - try cards, mascots, ballboys, officials and medical staff.
Triline Sports assists clients in securing the appropriate range of rights for their needs and to this end provides a unique service which links the whole process from sponsorship identification through to evaluation of success. As every organisation has different internal resources, expertise and requirements, Triline Sports can offer from one to all elements of the service outlined below.
- Consultation – Work with the client to establish the key information which is important to identifying a way forward ie target markets, budgets, previous activity - successes / failures, time frames and other elements which may be specific to your business
- Planning - This will be constantly adaptable, but is initially essential to map out the way forward
- Report - A report can be provided which proposes a way forward within the criteria emanating from the consultation. Both reactive and pro-active information will be included, with the ratios of this to be dictated by a client's in house experience and resources.
- Negotiation - Triline Sports will combine excellent negotiating skills and market knowledge to secure you the best deals at the right fees. Due to the transparent justification processes used by tls, if the proposed first choice is ultimately not feasible, contingency options will also be provided.
- Implementation – Devising a detailed and structured plan will ensure that stages of the implementation process are achieved within the right time frames and to the right standards. Triline Sports will ensure this happens
- Leverage - Depending on the goals of the activity Triline Sports will offer both safe and innovative (angled) pr support to ensure that coverage is maximised in all areas.
- Evaluation – This can either be provided through utilising the services of a specialised agency such as S:Comm or Comperio or via a more bespoke method and is likely to be dictated by budget.